Use a public file request when you want anyone to add files to an incident without
viewing the case contents.
Before you begin
Ensure that you have received a file request containing a file request link that you
can use to submit files.
What you should know
- The person receiving the public file request must complete the identity
information and accept the file request terms before they can share files.
- When a file request is used to share a file, Public upload audit trail
information is stored.
- Who uploaded the file shown in the preview list as Uploaded
by. For example, firstname.lastname@example.org (public
- Who created or modified the file shown in the file audit trail details
information as Public upload.
- reCAPTCHA is used to protect public uploads from malicious activities.
To share files in a file request:
Click the file request link or scan the QR code to open the file request.
Complete the identity information section so that you can be contacted
regarding the files that you shared.
NOTE: User contact information is optional when Allow anonymous
uploads is enabled.
Enter a First name.
Enter a Last name.
Enter an Email address.
(Optional) Enter a Phone number.
Read the file request terms.
Select I have read and accept the above terms if
you accept the terms and want to share files.
Click Share files.
Drag and drop one or more files or click Select a file to
If reCAPTCHA is triggered, the user must validate they are a human to
continue. Click Verify to continue.
The shared file is immediately added to the case.