If you do not want to include the original user permissions or files when sharing a
case, you can copy the case and then add or remove permissions or files before sharing the
Before you begin
- To copy a case, you must have the Manage permission level for the
What you should know
- A guest user cannot copy a case.
- Creating a copy of a case consumes one case in the plan’s quota. The user that
copied the case becomes the case owner.
- When a case is copied, no email notifications are sent, a unique case number is
assigned, and duplicate case names are accepted.
- By default, all files, incident information, descriptions, and metadata from the
original case are kept. Access policies and permissions for all users remain the
- Audit trail history from the original case is excluded from the copied case. The
first audit trail entry (CreateCopy) in the copied
case records who copied the original case.
To copy a case:
Open an existing case.
On the Case edit page title bar, click to display additional case
Click Copy case.
By default, copied cases are named Copy - original case
(Optional) Enter a name for the copied case and click Copy
case again to save the file.
Modify the copied case.
(Optional) Add or
remove user permissions.
(Optional) Add or remove
After you finish
You can now share the copied case
or invite a guest user
to view the